In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Mantor Library, University of Maine Farmington

Palmer Hall, Farmington State Normal School, 1930

Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
MMN Item 64276 Item Details
Palmer Hall, Farmington State Normal School, 1930
MMN Item 64276 Zoom

Description

This house on South Street was named Palmer Hall in 1929, in honor of Mary Palmer, a much-loved Home Economics teacher.

Prior to being used as a dormitory for students in the Home Economics program, the building served as Dr. Ross's hospital. It was later torn down to make room for Mantor Library.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.